For the noodles
1. Prepare your noodles by following the instructions on the package of your chosen noodles. Most rice noodles just need to be soaked in boiling water for 3-10 minutes. When the noodles are done soaking, strain them. Then season them with sesame oil, salt, rice vinegar, and a small dash of soy sauce. Then put it to the side.
2. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add fenugreek, lemongrass, coriander, and ginger (if using ginger powder). When the pan is hot, add peanut oil. When the oil is hot add the shiitake mushrooms and ginger (if using fresh ginger). Toss the mushrooms in oil, sprinkle them with salt, and then cover with a pot top. Allow it to cook for approximately 4 minutes while covered. You can check them and toss them every minute or so to make sure they don’t burn.
3. Next add your green beans, broccoli, and garlic to the pan. Add a little more salt, and soy sauce, and toss everything together. Cover and allow to cook for another 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
4. Add your thinly sliced carrots, and mung bean sprouts to the noodles. Then add the noodles to the veggies in the pan. Gently toss everything together.
For Gochujang Steak
1. In a small/medium-sized bowl whisk together gochujang paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, garlic powder, ginger powder, water, orange juice, and tamarind paste until well combined.
2. Preheat oven to 200C/. Cut steak into bite-sized chunks, or into whatever shape you desire. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Add the meat to the tray. Sprinkle the meat with salt and toss.
3. Bake your meat in the oven for about 6 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and pour your sauce over the meat and toss it so it’s evenly coated. Then bake for another 8-10 minutes.
4. When the meat is done, take it out of the oven and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds generously over the meat.
When everything is ready, put your noodle stir-fry onto a schmancy plate and top the noodles with fresh herbs, roasted chopped nuts, and the Gochujang meat! Feel free to add extra sesame seeds and soy sauce, if you like!